[Openchrome-users] latest AGP

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Mon Dec 18 15:45:41 PST 2006

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 22:08 +0100, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> [Please start a new thread when beginning about a different
> subject.]
>
> Bob Davis wrote:
> > Hi I wanted to try and get agp working on my chipset.
> > I saw the directions here about a patch for the k8m890.
> >
> > http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=K8M890
> >
> > I have already done the patch for drm to work using the compile
> > directions here.
> >
> > http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling
> >+the+source+code
> >
> > Can I assume I should follow similar directions for agp?
>
> No, just use the agp that comes with your kernel, there is no update
> necessary.
>
> Benno

Actually, the k8m890 chipset is new enough that the kernel does not
recognize the pci-id for it yet.  We have submitted patches and are
working with kernel developers to get this fixed.  The i386 patch for
via-agp.c is attached to bug 82, I am not sure if a patch for
amd64-agp.c is posted yet for x86_64 systems.

Jon