[Openchrome-users] K8M890 DRI not working under AMD64

yhager userforum
Mon Dec 25 20:49:27 PST 2006

K8M890 DRI not working under AMD64
Hi,

I've been following closely the development (especially on the vt3336 branch) and it has got me from working on the vesa driver, to finally work on the via driver, and I even got DRI working for a moment, but now it's not working again.

I have followed the instructions in the wiki ([http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=K8M890|K8M890]) to get DRM working.
In one of the revisions, there was a mistake in the wiki, and I have patched manually the via-agp.c file (instead of amd64-agp.c, as the latest wiki version says). After that, I did have DRM working on my system. As I follow the changes, I noticed the fix on that wiki page, and reverted to working with amd64-agp module, but could not get that to work.

When I start X, I get a black screen, and cannot get video output from the machine, nor to switch to a console VT. I believe the machine is running, but not sure at which state, as I don't have another machine here at the moment.

I am running rev 280 of the driver, on a 2.6.18-gentoo-r2 kernel, x86_64 arch. My MB is Asus M2V-TVM with the K8M890CE chipset.

I have tried enabling HWCursor and VBEModes, but to no avail.

When I disable DRM on xorg.conf, everything works fine (including VT change).

Xorg logs attached

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_parentId=2767#form>