[Openchrome-users] Performance Problems

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Thu Dec 28 15:09:14 PST 2006

Peter Sheldrick wrote:
> How do i know when
> direct rendering is fixed?

It will be reported in the xorg log

> Xorg logfile: http//83.137.103.99/Xorg.0.log
> Xorg conf: http//83.137.103.99/xorg.conf

Un-comment the DRI section.
Make sure you use up to date drm modules (namely via and drm), the ones
included in upstream kernel are too old for your chipset. Refer to the
DRM section at
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+the+source+code
You can see that the modules are properly loading in the output of dmesg.

Also, add Option "EnableAGPDMA" to your Device section, this might
improve performances.

> Thank you for your free software and help.

No problem :-) Do everyone a favor, though. Please stay on list and
don't top post.