[Openchrome-users] K8m890 drm.

Thomas Hellström thomas
Sat Dec 30 07:20:43 PST 2006

I've now added the K8m890 PCI ID to the git drm, but I've disabled 3D
acceleration for that chipset since we don't know how to program the 3D
engine. Trying to use anything 3D related will result in an error from
the DRM.

The only DRI-related stuff that might work is PCI-only XvMC, assuming it
has a similar mpeg2 decoder as the CN400/PM800 chipsets.

Before we include K8M890 into openChrome trunk, we should make sure it
cannot enable AGP DMA, the virtual queue, doesn't try to initialize the
3D engine and finaly, doesn't try to accelerate EXA composite, which
uses the 3D engine.

/Thomas