[Openchrome-users] K8M800 on NetBSD

George E Sollish gsollish
Mon Feb 6 07:29:04 PST 2006

Hi,

Thanks to Xavier's new instructions and svn 158, I can now compile a
via_drv.so which according to the log, should be running.  The only
problem is that I get an unresponsive screen that starts in multicolors
and then fades toward black, usually with one or more bands of white.

I've added "ActiveDevice" "CRT" to the active options -- this prevents the
soft xorg system lockup (no keyboard response, but I can still login over
the network) I get without it.  Are there any other options I should be
adding?  All the rest are commented out.  The box is an Averatec 3715
laptop running NetBSD 3.99.9 (current).

Thanks.

George E Sollish	Chief Engineer		Auto Gear Equipment
 			Project Manager		The Payne Lake Project