[Openchrome-users] OpenChrome and 775VM800

morgoth6@box43.pl morgoth6
Thu Feb 9 12:10:15 PST 2006

Hell[o]

Some time ago I bought a ASRock 775VM800 mainboard. First of coz I check is there a way to use it normaly under linux and it seems so. But the UniChrome gfx card onboard give me some problems under my fresh Gentoo installation.

My current setup is based on 2.6.15 kernel (config.gz) modular Xorg 7.0 package. I compiled and installed the openchrome drivers without any problems (xorg.conf) directly from svn. One small problem was a missing ID for my mainboard in via.id but I add it and acording to the log's it's detected correctly. When I start the X server my display immediatly lose sychronization, I can see normal KDE desktop, but without any sync. I wonder is this normal ? The same xorg.conf works fine for my radeon card.

--------
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::

   ::: Homepage # http://binaryriot.com/dreamolers :::
  ::: Homepage # http://www.tbs-software.com/morgoth/ :::