[Openchrome-users] OpenChrome and 775VM800 - Progress

morgoth6@box43.pl morgoth6
Fri Feb 10 15:36:14 PST 2006

Hell[o]

A small progress report from 775VM800 front. After a quite long session on #unichrome I was able to get normal display on my board. But there is still some issues.

1. To get any normal display two options need to be added to Device section

        Option      "VBEModes"     "on"
        Option      "NoDDC"        "on"

Doing this makes possible to get 1024x768 at 75 with drivers patched a bit for VM800. Monitor can easyly reeach 85 but 75 is not so bad.

2. DRI works *almost* fine. glxgears works with quite good result around ~650fps. But lockups randomly with followng message in logs:

[drm:via_hook_segment] *ERROR* Command regulator
paused at count 8, address f9f80700, while current pause address is f9f81500.
Please mail this message to <unichrome-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
[drm:via_hook_segment] *ERROR* Command regulator
paused at count 4, address f9f0cd00, while current pause address is f9f0db00.
Please mail this message to <unichrome-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>
[drm:via_hook_segment] *ERROR* Command regulator
paused at count 8, address f9e2ee00, while current pause address is f9e2fc00.
Please mail this message to <unichrome-devel at lists.sourceforge.net>

Tested with yesterday CVS snap.

3. Xv doesn't work at all, lockups the machine completly.

4. It seems ID's for this board are still missing from sources (Both openchrome and DRI)

via_id.c file from openchrome:

+    {"ASRock 775VM800",                       VIA_VM800,   0x1849, 0x3344, VIA_DEVICE_CRT},

and drm_pciids.txt from DRM

+ 0x1106 0x3344 0 "VIA P4M800"

--------
 :: Morgoth/Dreamolers-CAPS && TBS ::