[Openchrome-users] PCIe "cousins" supported? Such as S3 Chrome S27

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Sat Feb 25 00:16:53 PST 2006

Todd Ignasiak wrote:
> The S3 DeltaChrome, GammaChrome, etc. cards were announced a long time
> ago.    But, I never saw them available for purchase..
>
> I see that there is now a card available for purchase online, the "S3
> Chrome S27".
>

> Anyone know if these cards are related closely enough to the UniChrome
> to benefit from the OpenChrome drivers?     Or if they have the HD MPEG2
> decoding capabilities, like the Unichrome Pro?

Hard to tell, they are not available in Europa yet :-)
Give it a shot if you have the opportunity and report back, the hardware
is hopefully not that different and can probably be supported with some
amount of work.