[Openchrome-users] patching MPlayer and using xvmc

Paul Webster pjwebster
Mon Feb 27 16:47:43 PST 2006

While trying to debug some live and recorded TV playback issues in
MythTV, I realised that I didnt seem to have an install of MPlayer
that could make use of XvMC.

I _finally_ found the openchrome MPlayer patching instructions,
checked out the latest CVS of MPlayer (as of yesterday), along with
the ffmpeg/libavcodec and ffmpeg/libavutils that need to be manually
copied into the MPlayer tree. The patch to the config file was
rejected so had to be applied manually, configure was run with
--enable-xvmc amongst other options and make && make install
successfully run.

When trying to play a .mpg file recorded by myth, using "-vo xvmc --vf
ffmpeg12mc" complains that the video filter is invalid, as does using
"-vo xvmc" alone and "-vo xxmc". Specifying "-vo xv" works fine
though, if at 50% CPU usage.

I'll get the exact messages when I get home, but in the mean time, any
suggestions?

I am using Xorg 6.8.2 on a 2.6.13 kernel. I successfully followed the
"30 second unichrome install guide" and all the right things appear in
the Xorg logs.

Let me know what kind of info needed to help me figure this out.

Thanks,

Paul W