[Openchrome-users] vt1623 changes and xorg-7.0 ?

Robin Gilks g8ecj
Tue Feb 28 19:25:54 PST 2006

Greetings

Just checked my SP13000 Epia system install dates and I've not updated the
X server since the start of October of last year.

On reading the News Blog, I see that fixes have gone in for the stripes on
a hibernating VT1623 and I wonder if this has gone into the current stable
modular xorg release (ie. 7.0).

Are there a lot of changes I'd benefit from by taking the basic Gentoo
xorg-7.0-r1 install and building in the latest SVN stuff? Seems that most
changes of late have been on chipsets other than the CN400 - or would the
basic install serve me OK?

Has there been any progress on the 24 bit NoScale TV output on the SP
series boards - 16 bit seems to be OK but I'm not entirely sure what I'm
missing as a result!!

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks