AW: [Openchrome-users] 50â,¬ REWARD: Still 'BadAccess' - please help!!

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Tue Jan 3 15:21:08 PST 2006

> Xvtestcard results:
>
> # ./a.out
> starting up video testapp...
>
>  found 16bit TrueColor
> beginning to parse the Xvideo extension...
>
> Chosen port: 68
> Masks: 0x0,0x0,0x0
> Shift: -8,-8,-8
> Segmentation fault
>
> I should mention that my kernel is compiled without a.out support! I'm
> surprised it ran at all? Or doesnt it matter in this case? Can I change
> how
> it's compiled? Also System V IPC and Posix etc. are disabled, see config
> below:

a.out is just the name of the executable, it has nothing to do with a.out
support in the kernel.

Apparently your X server refuses to create shared memory Xv images. I'm
not sure why or if it is kernel related. but I've seen someone else having
this problem.

Umm, I'd guess for shared memory to work, you need to at least enable
CONFIG_SYSVIPC

and
CONFIG_POSIX_MQUEUE

and recompile (:D)

Your xvinfo output looks OK, and as mentioned by Tony, your memory seems
quite slow, but it may be due to the 800MHz clock frequency. Also in
general, CN400 gives worse memcpy performance figures than CLE266.

/Thomas

/Thomas