[Openchrome-users] Platform selection

Magnus Oman magnus_oman
Fri Jan 6 01:51:19 PST 2006

Hello everyone!
I've been interested in mini- (and nano-) itx boards
for as long as I can remember. I finally got the green
lights for a really fun project and I am grateful for
all expertise and knowledge this mailinglist has to
offer.

The objectives are as follows:
* Get Linux (or FreeBSD) running on a mini-itx machine
(with bootable CF-slot + an extra 300GB+ disk for
storage)
* Get X.Org up n' running
* Add TV-out to a 50" HDTV (using some media player +
custom statistics software)

The board that looks most interesting is the Commell
667T. I've read about people using it, but I have not
read any success stories regarding TV-out. Perhaps
there are other durable alternatives, such as an EPIA
board?

I guess HDTV-output would be most optimal. A worst
case scenario would be to use composite or s-video,
but then again, I bet there are severe limitations
when considering those kind of signal types.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

/Magnuis