[Openchrome-users] openchrome, Debian unstable, and DRI

Norbert Preining preining
Fri Jan 20 03:21:30 PST 2006

Hi Micah! Hi all!

Here a short status update about getting DRI on Debian/SID with
Unichrome Pro drivers working:

On Mit, 07 Dez 2005, Micah F. Galizia wrote:
> THX, good luck!  FYI, if you can hold out until the next X release, I
> will be maintaining (or helping to maintain) the debs.  But that wont be
> for at least another month.

he next version did hit unstable, and now via driver is workng. Thanks.

But then again, I tried to get DRI working, but libgl1-mesa-dri is
hopelessly outdated. So I did it the hard way:

I took the mesa_6.4.0 debian package as prepared by D. Stone quite some
time ago, compiled it (which worked out of the box!) and there we go,
DRI is working.

Now my question: Is there a way to include the latest openchrome stuff
in a build of this mesa package, eg by replacing the files in there?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>             Universit? di Siena
LUDLOW (n.)
A wad of newspaper, folded tablenapkin or lump of cardboard put under
a wobbly table or chair to make it stand-up straight. It is perhaps
not widely known that air-ace Sir Douglas Bader used to get about on
an enormous pair of ludlows before he had his artificial legs fitted.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff