[Openchrome-users] Driver fails to load after update

Thomas Hellström thomas
Wed Jan 25 14:51:13 PST 2006

Xavier Bachelot wrote:

>Hi,

>>>Which rpm is it exactly ? 6.8.99.903 (uses upstream unichrome driver)
>>>or 6.9 (uses openchrome svn 142) ? Probably the later, but I want to
>>>be sure.
>>>
>>>Xavier
>>>

>>It's the 6.9, I guess:
>>

>Ok, I've just rebuilded the packages and tested on my FC3 machine. Same
>error.
>
>2 things have changed between the working and non-working build :
>- working is openchrome svn revision 124 built on a regular FC3 host
>- non-working build is openchrome svn rev 142 built inside of a mock chroot.
>
>So 2 options, either mock is messing the builds, either latest EXA
>branch merge causes this regression. I'm gonna rebuild on the regular
>FC3 machine and test again.
>
>Thomas, does this ring any bell for you, in case it comes from the
>branch merge ?

Nope.  There's no direct reference to that symbol in the driver.
Try to add it in the vgaHW symbols list in via_driver.c and check if
it makes any difference.

Also check in the log that the vgaHW module is actually loaded.

/Thomas