[Openchrome-users] Driver fails to load after update

Thomas Hellström thomas
Thu Jan 26 00:37:08 PST 2006

Xavier Bachelot wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
>> Nope.  There's no direct reference to that symbol in the driver.
>> Try to add it in the vgaHW symbols list in via_driver.c and check if
>> it makes any difference.
>>
> It makes a difference. I get another unresolved symbol :
> dlopen: /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/via_drv.so: undefined symbol:
> XAACopyROP

I looked at my driver's  symbol list
nm via_drv.so
and the vgahwgetindex thingy is indeed there, but I'm not sure how it
ends up there in the first place.

Hmm. XAACopyROP should only get included if -DX_HAVE_XAAGETROP is not
present during compilation. Indeed it is not in my symbol's list so
something appears strange with your compilation?

Could you do a
nm via_drv.so | grep -i xaacopyrop
to see if the symbol is in there,

and check that the above -DX_HAVE_XAAGETROP appears in the compilation
commands for the via files.

/Thomas