[Openchrome-users] Via Unichrome DRI and Asus K8V-MX K8M800 troublesome

Thomas Hellström thomas
Sun Jan 29 01:13:37 PST 2006

Dennis Heuer wrote:

>Disabling the IRQ-check was a success. Sound now works. Some games speed
>up (can use globulation2 with 1600x1200, was at 1024x768). gears is
>still horribly slow (32FPS when moving the gears). Some GL games show
>white areas now. Am not shure if this is related to unichrome.o, opengl
>1.3, freeglut, or the games...
>
>The most outstanding problem is the "activity". I've appended the
>Xorg.0.log...

Dennis,

I had a suspicion that you had hit an unstable dotclock but I've checked
it and it works OK here.
Could you try (using the openchrome driver) to enable

Option "VbeModes" "true"

in the device section of xorg.conf and see if it helps?

/Thomas