[Openchrome-users] [openChrome] #47: TV-out on via SP13000 (vt1623) is incorrectly centered

Robin Gilks g8ecj
Sun Jun 4 16:37:02 PDT 2006

> #47: TV-out on via SP13000 (vt1623) is incorrectly centered
> ----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
> Reporter:  anonymous  |        Owner:  anonymous
>     Type:  defect     |       Status:  closed
> Changes (by anonymous):
>
>   * resolution:  => fixed
>   * status:  assigned => closed

Brilliant - no more viewport cludges. Well done Ivor, very very much
appreciated.

I've now managed to fine tune my xorg.conf to its basic essentials (i.e.
no flab in it at all I hope) as follows:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Media Box - Hand-crafted"
        Screen         "Screen0"
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
EndSection

Section "Files"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Mode 0666
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "tv"
        ModelName    "PAL TV"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier "Card0"
        Driver "via"
        VendorName "VIA"
        BoardName "EPIA SP 13000"
        Option "ActiveDevice" "TV"
        Option "TVOutput" "S-Video"
        Option "TVType" "PAL"
        Option "EnableAGPDMA" "true"
        Option "XvmcUsesTextures" "false"
EndSection

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option "blank time" "0"
        Option "standby time" "0"
        Option "suspend time" "0"
        Option "off time" "0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth    24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes   "720x576Noscale"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Not sure if I need all the fonts and modules I've loaded for Mythtv -
maybe someone can advise.

--
Robin Gilks