[Openchrome-users] CLE266 8MB Shared Memory

Dikran Hovagimian dikranh
Thu Jun 8 15:09:05 PDT 2006

Hi All,

We are developing a Set Top Box application with limitted amount of Memory on the system.  The board being used in EPIA-M2.  We obtained a special BIOS from VIA which gives us 8MB Shared Memory option.  X boots properly and all normal applications display their images and text fine.

As soon as we enter xine (configured with -V xxmc), we get garbage on the screen.  We are only using 720x480 resolution.

P.S. Non Mpeg2 video streams (from the web) display properly.  Only Mpeg2 streams are impacted.

Can the openchrome driver be modified to allow for 8MB memory configuration.

Thanks,
Dikran Hovagimian