[Openchrome-users] SP8000e HDTV playback

Jesse Guardiani jesse
Fri Jun 16 09:53:23 PDT 2006

Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> After doing a bit of research this morning, I've submitted a MythTV Trac ticket for
> the issue here:
>     http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1842

This ticket has yet to yield any success. I've been slowly poking around
in XvMC code myself, writing example apps,
etc, trying to get a feel for the problem. The only interesting fact
that I've been able to find is that Xine can play 1080i
content using XvMC VLD on a CN400 when Xine is the only app running, but
MythTV can't and when Myth fails I
see a DRM memory allocation error in the Xorg log. But that's not the
interesting part. The interesting part is that Xine
*can't* play back 1080i using VLD while mythfrontend is loaded in the
background at a static menu. It's just a gut
feeling at this point, but could it be possible that MythTV is failing
to free up allocated X/DRM memory before
attempting to play back 1080i content?

I'm not the best C programmer in the world and I've got no previous
experience with X/mpeg/DRM code. Is there any
way to query X or DRM at an arbitrary time and see what memory/surfaces
are currently allocated?

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin