[Openchrome-users] I don't get the big picture with Mesa/XvMC

Mario Emmenlauer mario
Sun Jun 18 05:55:46 PDT 2006

Hi,

I'm using xorg-7.1 and xorg's via-driver, with Mesa and
x11-drm from the dri-project's cvs. All I want is XvMC (for
HDTV to work).

Now what I'm trying to understand is why I need Mesa
in order to get XvMC for video? Would I not need Mesa with
the openchrome-driver?

All manuals I found seem to assume that one wants 3D-
acceleration together with XvMC anyways, so I could never
conclude if it is indeed needed or just usually wanted.

Thx,
Mario Emmenlauer

----
http://www.marssoft.de