Re : [Openchrome-users] I don't get the big picture with Mesa/XvMC

manu eallaud
Sun Jun 18 10:44:06 PDT 2006

Le 18.06.2006 13:25:15, Mario Emmenlauer a ?crit?:

> Whow what a fast reply! Thanks!
>
> John Robinson wrote:
> > So, no, you don't need Mesa, which as you say is for 3D
> acceleration,
> > but you do need DRM in your kernel and DRI in your X which are
> required
> > for, developed alongside and built with Mesa, which is why the
> manuals
> > will tend to tell you about building DRM/DRI as part of building
> Mesa.
>

> So if I got you right one doesn't need Mesa for XvMC. That I assumed,
> and
> now tried to build my stuff without Mesa. However, xorg's
> xf86-video-via
> driver as well as (your) opencrome-svn complain about missing GL/gl.h:
>
> In file included from via_driver.h:64,
>                  from via_cursor.c:35:
> /usr/include/GL/glxint.h:28:19: error: GL/gl.h: No such file or
> directory
>
> Did I misunderstand you, or is something borked with my Gentoo?

I guess that what John is saying is that you do not need Mesa per se,
but you do need DRI/DRM, which are built using Mesa anyway, so at the
end of the day you have to get Mesa also.
Bye
Manu