[Openchrome-users] Mythtv color adjustment

Lasse Nisted zartzartzart+openchrome
Wed Mar 1 03:00:00 PST 2006

Hello

Yesterday I tried adjusting the color settings inside mythtv and found they
didn't work
(After enabling "Use xv controls").
Or so I thought... Instead the adjustments first had an effect when
re-entering livetv.

After debugging a bit I found the reason:

In via_xvmc.c the function viaXvMCInterceptXvAttribute
is called when a color attribute is changed. In there you have the lines:
if (vx->ctxDisplaying !=
                 (VIA_XVMC_MAX_CONTEXTS | VIA_XVMC_VALID)) {
                     vx->newAttribute = 1;
                     return 0;
                 }

By commenting those out so that it doesn't return here
the attributes take effect immediatly.

I guess this is a hack, but as I don't know what those flags mean
I'm unable to come up with a better solution.

Is there a reason why the value isn't applied immediatly?

- Lasse