[Openchrome-users] dual-head w/ tv-out support

mho chrome_mho
Mon Mar 6 21:23:35 PST 2006

Hi,

I want to setup an epia-m2 with a dual-head configuration (not
mirroring) using the VGA and S-Video ports. I do have such a
configuration working now on a debian stable userland with xorg
6.8.2, a kernel v2.6.15 and some xorg 'via' driver borrowed from
fedora core 4. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to support XV on the tv-
out and even less XvMC when it comes to using mplayer.
Problem is when I try to use the latest OpenChrome driver (from a
fresh checkout) against xorg 6.9.0, I get the following error message
in my Xorg.log and I get no video on the S-Video port:
(EE) VIA(1): ViaOutputsSelect: Not handling secondary.

I seem to be hitting this exception in via_mode.c:
if (pVia->IsSecondary) { /* we just abort for now */
     xf86DrvMsg(pScrn->scrnIndex, X_ERROR, "ViaOutputsSelect:"
                " Not handling secondary.\n");
     return FALSE;
}

Hinting that the functionality is not currently supported. Same thing
happens with unichrome. Is there any way to get dual-head working
with the current openchrome driver in the hope of getting XvMC support?

Otherwise I wonder what would be the next best video output method
besides xvmc for mplayer on the TV-Out? any chances with directfb? or
the video driver package from via and VeMP? :/

Thanks in advance for any pointers

-mho