[Openchrome-users] Newbee Question: Openchrome sufficient for watching DivX?

Bazon bazonbloch
Tue Mar 7 08:41:18 PST 2006

Hello, I'm using Ubuntu 5.10 on a Via Epia M 6000 and I'm relativly new
on it.

I basically want to be able to watch DivX and DVDs on my Epia as I can
in Windows XP, too.
(Momentary the video on mplayer and Xine is much too slow, but in
Windows it works perfectly, so it's not the hardware...)

So is this the right place to ask?

Enables the openchrome driver the hardware mpeg accelaration?

How do I use it on Ubuntu?
(In installed the .deb Packages from here:
http://www.openchrome.org/snapshots/ubuntu ), but I can't see a
difference to the performance before.

Thanks!

Bazon