[Openchrome-users] Openchrome & Xgl

Boris Dušek borisdusek
Sun Mar 26 04:10:46 PST 2006

On Friday 10 March 2006 09:32, you wrote:
> Boris Du?ek wrote:
> > Anyone?

> >>and also just generated Xorg.log for Xgl server. (the ones before are
> >> about one week old, I changed dri in between).
>
> your conf seems a bit tricky. It might be easier to start with a simpler
> conf.
> Does a regular (non-xgl) X server works ?
> Does it works any better if you don't have the external monitor hooked
> to your laptop ?
>
> X.

Hi Xavier,

sorry for the delay, but I just "lost" your email and discovered it just now.
Yes, normal X.org 7.0 works for me. I don't have any external monitor plugged
into my laptop.
As you suggested, I tried to make a "minimal" xorg.conf which works
(attached), still just the same problem.

I tried a "startxgl" script from Coffee's overlay, and it shows a bit
different, the output on console might have a clue about the problem (and
maybe not):

(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
   Starting compiz
   Starting Window Manager
Fulfilled via DRI at 12587008
Freed 12587008 (pool 2)
__driCreateNewScreen_20050727 - succeeded

Fatal server error:
no screens found
viaWaitVideoCommandFire: Timeout.
Freed 12587008 (pool 1)
FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/misc" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.
XIO:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":1.0"
      after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
gnome-settings-daemon: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X
server :1.0.
nautilus: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server :1.0.
gnome-panel: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server :1.0.
gnome-window-decorator: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X
server :1.0.
   DONE!

notice the "viaWaitVideoCommandFire: Timeout." line just after the usual "no
screens found"- maybe that's the cause of the problem?

Boris