[Openchrome-users] No Audio on HDTV level clip in xine

R. G. Newbury newbury
Mon May 1 12:37:27 PDT 2006

I'm running an SP13000, on FC5 with xorg 7.0 and the updated xorg-via
driver from kelkoo.net. I downloaded and compiled the HD capable version
of xine without (many ) problems.

I was pointed to a small HD clip from a tennis match ( knm.org iirc).
Xine reports that it is 1920x1080 and it plays beautifully. I am amazed
at the difference in visual effect from mere Standard Definition. Xine
also reports that it has an audio track.

BUT, this clip has no audio in xine. Mplayer (not patched) plays it at
about 1/3 speed, and also plays a 6 or 7 second audio portion at the
beginning. PLaying it as a video in mythtv gets the same 6 or 7 second
audio burst, then silence?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to start detection of why
this does not have any audio? What should I look for in the logs?

Geoff