[Openchrome-users] Gentoo ebuild anyone?

Kafu kanonenfutter
Tue May 9 06:19:58 PDT 2006

Hi!

On 5/9/06, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Has anyone got a Gentoo ebuild that takes the 6.9.0 monolithic build from
> Xorg, patches in the latest stable Openchrome and then builds it?
>
> If not, what is the best way of patching the Xorg tree at build time so as
> to be able to maintain a 'bleeding edge' Xorg within the portage process
> (I'm getting fed up with patching out 6.8.2 after I've done a world
> update!!!)
>
> Failing that, has anyone put a 7.0.0 Xorg modular build onto an Epia card
> using Gentoo - the last time I checked the Gentoo Howto it looked like a 6
> month job just emerging all the ancillary packages!!

It's not that bad. I used the howto from

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/x/x11/modular-x-howto.xml

and it worked pretty well. By now you can skip unmasking the packages
because they aren't hard masked anymore. Unfortunately the last via
driver (I think it was version 0.1.33) did not support hw mpeg2 for
cn400 so I had to build the driver from openchrome svn. The current
driver (0.21) should already be able to support hw mpeg2 but I am too
lazy to perform the upgrade. I am running gentoo on an Epia SP8000 as
a pvr and (except for hw mepg4) all features are working nicely.

Regards,
Kafu