[Openchrome-users] via epia boards sound quality

Warren Wilder wipwap19
Wed May 10 05:27:16 PDT 2006

My apologies in advance.
I know this is a general email list for any of the videodrivers for Via
devices, but I'm sure there are people around here who own a mini-itx
via epia board, and to them I want to address this question.

On my SP13000 board, I occasionely have to deal with very bad quality
audio. This is a problem that only disappears after shutting down the
machine and waiting a while before rebooting. Clearly a hardware issue.
Is this common? I don't experience it often myself, but I wonder...

I am using the normal 'green' line-out output socket by the way. Not yet
the s/pdif or RCA jack.

Thanks for your time

Warren