[Openchrome-users] Troublshooting NoScale Problems on VT1622A

Jake Thompson jake
Thu May 11 06:13:05 PDT 2006

So good news.

I seem to have solved the playback issue with some help from some myth
users.  I had the recoding profile set to 4:3, changing it to 16:9 seems to
clear up any playback issue, then I just override the playback aspect ration
to 4:3 and it looks beutiful.  I have no idea why this works, but my test
has been watching baseball games, alot of motion and alot of color with the
crowd background, using this has a drastic improvement.

I have set my mode to 720x480Over for now, since this has no color
distortion and the flicker is not there, well let me clarify that, the
overall screen flicker is not there, but the thin white line test still
flickers but not as bad.  Since this is to be expected, I do not think there
is anything wrong.

When I used xrandr to force 720x480Noscale to 50hz, it made for a better
picture, but was well inside the outer boundries of the tv, so the picture
had wavy edges.

If anyone has anything they would like me to try out, let me know.

-Jake