[Openchrome-users] Two problems with k8n800

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Tue May 16 01:36:32 PDT 2006

On Sunday 14 May 2006 12:11, Ellington Santos wrote:
> Hi, folks!
>
> I have a notebook ECS 536S with chipset k8n800, Slackware current,
> Kernel 2.4.32 and X.org 6.9. The acceleration works well with lastest
> drm kernel modules and openchrome. But two things are incorrect:
>
> 1) When I close lcd, it don't turn off.

I assume that's an acpi problem rather than an X driver problem... although
possibly related to (2)

> 2) When X enter in standby mode (some minutes without activity), the
> screen don't blank, but appear be out of sync, repeating two screens
> vertically and some random lines horizontally.

Can you create a verbose X logfile for when you enter and resume from standby.
Also, what ACPI standby mode are you using? Is this standby mode (S1) or
suspend to ram mode (S3)?

Ivor Hewitt.