[Openchrome-users] openchrome dri problem

fazer fazerxlo
Tue May 16 02:27:51 PDT 2006

 so the first

I tried to install the unichrome driver from sourceforge

xf86-video-unichrome-0.2.5.tar.gz

I instaled all X.org packages the one imprortant is xorg-devel sdk
as is in README (in unichrome driver) I typed as root
xmkmf whithout any path (none of my preposition were
working)
make Makefiles
make

and there were stop i couldn't compiled it
when finally read the make output ftom beggining i find that there
is many
losts files I tried to find it and most of it a found in X11R6
include folder
so I copied it to src folder of compiled driver

some files were still missed so i downloaded an untar sources from
x.org site
and also copied it to the src (only missing files)

the same was with drm file so i donloaded drm via from dri site and
copied file

make were succesfull
make install also

the next was
./autogen.sh

there was the problems with .m4 files so had to copied it from RC2
sources of
x.org

but after this autogen told me that there is missing some packages as
xorg-server and some other that were in system so I end it.

The next i tried to use openchrome:

1. Build driver
svn co http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/trunk/unichrome
cd unichrome
xmkmf /path/to/xorg/sources/xc
make
make install

and also I didn't type the patch for xmkmf and copied those files
what I copied
last time

2. Build libxvmc
svn co http://svn.openchrome.org/svn/trunk/libxvmc
cd libxvmc
xmkmf /path/to/xorg/sources/xc
make
make install

Direct Rendering Manager :
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at dri.freedesktop.org:/cvs/dri login
(password for anonymous is empty, just hit enter)
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at dri.freedesktop.org:/cvs/dri co drm
Install libdrm
./configure
make
make install
Install kernel module
cd drm/linux-core
make LINUXDIR=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build DRM_MODULES=via
cp *.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/char/drm/
depmod -ae

and taht was perfect

I changed xor.conf to via driver

Load "via"

and added dri after xgl

restart computer

X were started but whithout dri

there weren't any dri devices on
/dev/dri/ catalog

i read in log of xorg and check on /dev/dri folder

so how to test is the openchrome driver work and modules

my system is SuSE 10.1 notebook fuji-sie amilo pro 2030