[Openchrome-users] SP8000e HDTV playback

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Fri May 19 01:58:52 PDT 2006

On Friday 19 May 2006 04:40, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I finally have an SP8000e. It's very slick, but I can't
> seem to get HDTV playback working in mythtv. SDTV works
> fine via VGA (TV OUT turned off and unplugged), but HDTV
> 1080i playback with myth's internal player just yields
> a blank bluish screen. I'm running minimyth 0.19-12, and
> here's what I see when I tail the Xorg log as I play
> back a 1080i show:

Hmm it should work. But I haven't had time to try hdtv from mythtv. Worked
fine from mplayer/xine last time I tried.

Couple of things to check. I believe there was a change made to myth recently
for nvidia cards I think so that it would only use xvmc for sdtv and drop
back to xv for hdtv. Proably worth checking your mythfrontend log to see what
it's doing.
If you've got hdtv playback working in xine it sounds like there's a myth
problem somewhere.
I'll try and get myth running with hdtv and take a look.

--
Ivor Hewitt.