[Openchrome-users] mplayer patch question

Warren Wilder wipwap19
Fri May 19 07:30:34 PDT 2006

I compiled the latest (Tuesday) CVS version of mplayer with the 20060505
patch. ( http://www.openchrome.org/snapshots/mplayer/

When I use the command: 'mplayer -vo xvmc -vc ffmpeg12mc <filename>',
mplayer says:
Cannot find codec to match selected -vo and video format 0x44495658.

The codec is in the .diff only, so that should be present. I guess the
video format is wrong then.
If I test the -vo xvmc without forcing the videocodec, mplayer complains
about the compatibility between the automatically chosen codec and the
video output device. I guess there are a few limitations.
What exactly are these? Only mpeg2 with a very strict size is possible?

Thanks in advance,

Warren