[Openchrome-users] SP8000e HDTV playback

Paul Bender pebender
Sun May 21 09:21:41 PDT 2006

Jesse Guardiani wrote:

> Another few data points: I tried the same version of minimyth with an SP13000
> today with the same results. SD works fine, but HD blanks out. A few of my
> HD channels work, but when I run midentify on the nuv files, they are 740x480,
> so nowhere near the resolution of 1080i. All of my 1080i channels fail.

Using the SP800E, I have had the some problem using MythTV 0.19.

> I've been trying to compile my own version of GAR minimyth, but I'm not having
> much luck. The build system is rather archaic. At least I've found out that
> the versions of MythTV and Openchrome are fairly current. All within the last
> month or so. So this appears to be an ongoing problem.

While the underlying build system (GAR) is somwhat old, I would not say
that the build system is archaic. Arcane yes, but not archaic.

The MiniMyth build system both a newer version of xorg (7.0) and
openchrome (svn 181), and an older version of xorg (6.8.2) and
openchrome (20050815). Due to some problems that someone was having with
MPEG4 playback in MythTV with the never version, the lastest version of
MiniMyth is built with the older version. I asked the person to post a
copy of the MPEG4 file that was having the problem, but he has yet to
post it, so I cannot track down the problem.

> The good news is that I think I've solved my stability problems. I think the
> lirc module for the Snapstream Firefly RF remote I was using was causing
> lockups. The problem seems to have disappeared after I switched to a streamzap
> remote.

Do you happen to know whether or not this has been fixed in LIRC CVS? If
so, then I could update MiniMyth to the latest LIRC CVS.