[Openchrome-users] trying to get DRM working on a 1106:3344 (unichrome Pro)

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Fri May 26 13:21:00 PDT 2006

dave denney wrote:
> I'm working on a Gentoo Linux system running 2.6.16-gentoo-r7 with
> a VIA EPIA EN15000 motherboard, which has a VIA CN700 North Bridge
> and a VIA8237R South Bridge.  I was able to get everything working
> for our application, except DRM.

Probably because the needed kernel module can't load because it doesn't
know about this chipset id. You need to make a small modification to the
drm sources, as in attached patch.

Thomas, if would be nice if you can commit that, as it seems to become a
recurrent pb.