[Openchrome-users] DRI problems with Gentoo and CN700

kimble userforum
Thu Nov 9 12:07:38 PST 2006

DRI problems with Gentoo and CN700
I have succesfully installed the Openchrome drivers, but I cant enable dri!

Btw. I installed the openchrome drivers from cvs.

All the diffrent guides and howtos on the internett confuses me! How should I configure the kernel? I have recompiled it so many times now with diffrent combinations of via/dri as module, compiled in and not enabled at all.

How should I configure my kernel?
I read somewhere that I should'nt have x11-drm installed, is that correct?

Here is the most interessting parts of my xorg.conf
-----------
Section "Module"
  Load "glx"
  Load "dri"

Section "Device"
  Driver "via"

Section "DRI"
  Mode 0666
-----------

>From Xorg.0.log
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed

(II) VIA(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
(EE) VIA(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.  Disabling DRI.

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwikitiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=1&comments_parentId=2400&post_reply=1#form>