[Openchrome-users] "Reclaim buffers locked deadlock"

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Mon Nov 13 12:39:35 PST 2006

Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> > Nov 11 23:48:31 ordesa kernel: [drm:drm_release] *ERROR* Reclaim
> > buffers locked deadlock.
>
> This should be happening with AIGLX.

But I'm not using AIGLX.  In fact, in the log there's this:

  (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib/dri/unichrome_dri.so failed
  (/usr/lib/dri/unichrome_dri.so: cannot open shared object file:
  No such file or directory)
  (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering

This is because I've removed the system-installed unichrome_dri.so
to make sure the one compiled from CVS gets used.

Should I add Option "AIGLX" "off" to my xorg.conf?

> It might be that the latest xserver git with Dave Airlies fix to
> load the system libdrm instead of the xserver built-in libdrm
> fixes this.

Might be, but I'm not going to test.  The 2.6.18 kernel has other
problems: very slow screen updates when using dosemu, so annoying
that I've switched back to a 2.6.17 kernel.

Benno