[Openchrome-users] VM800 DRI? (Was: RE: SVN offline?)

Bilderbeek, Manuel manuel.bilderbeek
Thu Nov 16 04:50:56 PST 2006

Hi,

Thanks, SVN is working again indeed.

Now that I'm mailing to the mailinglist anyway, I have a
small question.

We have a Debian testing setup here (updated to current
testing), with libdrm 2.0.2 etc. We compiled the current SVN
HEAD of OpenChrome and the driver works fine. However, DRI
doesn't work. It's a VM800 chipset the driver says (I thought
this was CN700, but OK.) I'm attaching the Xorg.0.log.
The kernel is the currently standard kernel in Debian
testing: linux-image-2.6.17-2-486

It seems that the drmOpenDevice just can't find a DRI device,
which might point to a kernel driver or libdrm problem.
Correct? What could be the problem exactly?

Also, without DRI, the 2D should be accelerated, right? At
least it works a lot smoother than the VESA driver :)

Thanks in advance for your reply.

--
Kind regards,

Manuel Bilderbeek

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a "reply" message.
Thank you for your cooperation.