[Openchrome-users] Survey: Xv on VM800, CN700 and P4M800Pro

Sandeman userforum
Sun Nov 19 07:18:04 PST 2006

Re: Survey: Xv on VM800, CN700 and P4M800Pro
Hi Thomas,

I own a VIA EPIA CN motherboard containing a CN700 chipset. I'm having some problems which are related to Xv, I think. One problem I have is that mplayer shows a black screen when the XvMC output driver is used (see my posting "MPlayer XvMC Black Screen" of November 13th in this forum). The mplayer output in the console looks fine and also the X startup logfile looks okay.

Another problem I have is with xmame. Today I noticed that the performance of xmame is bad when I use Xv. I only get a frame rate of 50 FPS for Donkey Kong. On my VIA EPIA V motherboard xmame easily ran with 60 FPS. Also, when I don't use Xv, i.e. I run xmame with the option -vidmode 0, the performance is fine.

If you need any more information of me, I'll be glad to collect it and send it to you.

Greetings,

Sander.