[Openchrome-users] CN700 + xorg -- black screen

Simon Santoro simon.santoro
Tue Nov 28 01:58:31 PST 2006

>  Hi!
>
>  There's currently no DVI support in the openChrome driver.

Hi Thomas!
Looks like this guy
http://www.epiacenter.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4555 got it to work
back in September.
I don't know how, because I tryed what he sad (just use a Vanilla
kernel instead of the Gentoo one (but then, I am using Ubuntu)) and my
DVI is still black.

>  Option "VBEModes" may make it work for you, but it has side effects.

What side effects? No custom Modelines? I'd like to have 1280x720 DVI out.
My TV has a VGA input, but only at 1024x768, so I have massive
underscan. With a DVI->HDMI connector I could map the pixels 1:1.