[Openchrome-users] Accelerated Rotation?

Thomas Hellström thomas
Tue Oct 3 05:33:16 PDT 2006

Dan Sandberg wrote:

> Which Intel driver?
>
> Interesting idea re: EXA.  I hadn't even heard of it.

Hmm. Checking the code it seems that it is currently not possible. The
EXA composite hook does not allow for different orientation of the
source and destination, although most hardware should be able to handle it.

> I'm confused about something.  Is the actual rotation unaccelerated or
> does turning on the rotation disable all other hardware acceleration?
> Because I remember having trouble using OpenGL when the rotation was
> enabled.

Yes. It should disable all acceleration.

> Thanks,
>
> -Dan

Thomas