[Openchrome-users] Unknown Card ID

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Mon Oct 9 13:54:00 PDT 2006

DeNayGo wrote:
> Unknown Card ID
> Hi
>
> I have a Siemens AMILO notebook with the following video card:
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. UniChrome Pro IGP (rev 01)
>
> I tried to run X with the openchrome driver, but it didn't work, and I got the following error:
>
> (EE) VIA(0): Unknown Card-Ids (1734|10CD), report this to openchrome-users at openc
> hrome.org ASAP
>
> What is wrong there?

Nothing is really wrong, the driver just doesn't know about your
particular hardware. Could you please tell us what the exact brand and
model your laptop is, what graphic chipset it uses, and if there is a
TVout connector or not ? Attaching the xorg log and the output of 'lspci
-vn' would help also.