[Openchrome-users] Setting up openchrome on Zenwalk

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Mon Oct 9 14:02:58 PDT 2006

hanse wrote:
> Setting up openchrome on Zenwalk
> Hi
> I am using a laptop with a Unichrome K8N800 or K8M800. I have read that the openchrome driver is integrated in the current release of Slackware.
> But i have no idea how to set up the xorg, to work correctly. I tried to change the driver from "vesa" to "via" but the result is something like a "plasma effect" (the screen turns to different colors)

We need your xorg log (with 'via' driver )and xorg conf to have a chance
to diagnose what the pb could be. Also you might want to try a recent
version of the driver as the one included in xorg is getting old.