[Openchrome-users] Unknown Card ID

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Tue Oct 10 08:09:59 PDT 2006

DeNayGo wrote:
> Re: Unknown Card ID
> I didn't look properly, the chipset is VN800, which is nowhere to be found in here: [http://openchrome.org/trac/browser/trunk/unichrome/via_id.c]. Too new?

Just VIA naming dissonance...

VN800=VM800=P4M800PRO

I just went with VM800 cos that's what the sticker on mine said.
All the motherboard manufacturers called them VM800's... VIA calls it
the VN800... but then in their code they call it  the P4M800PRO:-

	VIA_P4M800PRO, PCI_CHIP_VT3314

although.... other #defines they use for the chip are CN900:-

	case VIA_PM800:
		write_regx(CN400_ModeXregs
	case VIA_P4M800PRO:
		write_regx(CN900_ModeXregs

I guess marketing and development are in different buildings. :)

I think they called it the CN900 if it was combined with a C7 but
P4M800PRO if it was combined with a P4.... perhaps they just put the
letters in a bag and decided to pull out a handful to decide what to
print on the chip.

Doesn't really matter, it's a VT3314.... PCI ID, er, 3344. :D

Ivor.