[Openchrome-users] 1625 TV encoder using S-Video output displays narrow image

Chad masterclc
Sun Oct 15 21:07:44 PDT 2006

On 10/15/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey Ivor,
> >
> > I've got a commell LV-667T. Using Ken's patch for 720x480Under
> > (attached) I can use composite out at 16bit with current svn, drm, and
> > xorg 7.1 on debian 2.6.16 with xine and mplayer for 480p-1080i without
> > any major problems. I'm still using mythtv .19 so that still has
> > issues with 1080i texture allocation.  I had some display issues in
> > myth till I modified my display size to be 100dpi. I am using a 27inch
> > sharp tv that is about 10 years old, so Ken's patch works just fine
> > since it is interlaced and most definitely not progressive.
> >
> > I've been satisfied with the output, so perhaps this patch will help
> > others that use the chip with composite.
> >
> > Cheers!
> > Eric

> w00t!  I'll give that a try, thanks for attaching the patch!
>
> -Chad

Woohoo!  It works :)  thanks for also attaching your xorg.conf!
Thanks ken for the patch, thanks eric for attaching it!

Life is somewhat better now :)  Now I'm waiting for MythTV to get
fixed to work with OpenChrome and HDTV resolutions.  That and hoping
that some more resolutions become available for this chipset ;)

Thanks again!

-Chad