[Openchrome-users] VT1625

Sandeman userforum
Sat Oct 28 10:23:25 PDT 2006

Re: VT1625
> Ken Huisman wrote:
> > Hello VT1625 folks,
> >
> > I made a new patch combining my old patch for the VT1625 720x480Under
> > (16 bit color) and the other patch for the PAL resolution that was
> > posted here a while ago.
> >
> > You can get it here: http://billionmonkeys.net/openchrome/
> >
> Your patch include a modification to unichrome/via_mode.h which is unneeded.
>
> I'm tempted to commit the fixed version, but as I don't own a VT1625 nor
> do I know if any modes for it in the current code works, I'm still
> unsure what to do.

As long as the status of the PAL modes is not known, I would not commit the changes.

I have applied Ken's patch but was unable to use any of the PAL modes he added. (According to the code only modes 640x480 and 720x576Over were added). When I set the TVType to PAL and the mode to 640x480 in xorg.conf, the X server responds that it cannot find any usable mode. Am I doing something wrong here?

By the way, the patch did not compile on my system because of the use of  '//' as a comment character. Is there a requirement on what compiler to use for the unichrome code?