[Openchrome-users] VIA CX700 support with Openchrome?

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Wed Sep 6 15:32:58 PDT 2006

shiny_daemon wrote:
> VIA CX700 support with Openchrome?
> Has anyone in the openchrome community been able to get their hands on a CX700-based (Unichrome Pro II) board yet?  Just wondering if/when we might expect Openchrome to be working with VIA's new chipset.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of these board in the wild yet, and
openchrome svn doesn't have support for this chipset atm. However, I've
hacked together a patch for someone else, but the guy didn't had the
time to test it before the board had to be returned. If you have the
hardware, the untested patch is here :
http://washington.kelkoo.net/epia/patches/vt3157.patch
Please also note this is a preliminary hack, I don't pretend it to be
correct nor that I'll be able to fix the code if that doesn't work. In
other words, be prepared to get your hands dirty.