[Openchrome-users] Success on CN700

calinb userforum
Wed Sep 6 17:04:00 PDT 2006

Re: Success on CN700
> I got a VIA EPIA  EN12000EG, which has the CN700 Chipset. I just wanted to say thank you all because today I finally got the VIA driver working in gentoo. The refresh rates are greatly increased. Now on to OpenGL and TV-Out...

Mark,

I agree fuzz--I wonder whether you are getting XvMC acceleration without DRM.  Maybe a dev can confirm that DRM is required for XvMC Check you cpu usage!  I have similar problems with my P4M800 Pro chipset (green line at bottom and diagonal lines) but I have a washed out picture.  At least in Mythtv SD playback.  For HD, Myth downgrades to xv.  CPU load for HD on a 3.2GHz P4 runs about 60% without the acceleration.

-Cal

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwikitiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=1868&comments_parentId=1796&post_reply=1#form>