[Openchrome-users] VIA EPIA-CN10000E

Xavier Bachelot xb_ml
Mon Sep 11 12:41:57 PDT 2006

Martin Wackenhut wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> seems I am not able to get openchrome to run on this board.
> I have installed debian sid and put in "via" as the driver in the xorg.conf.
> Startx will abort saying no device found ("vesa" works though)
>
> Running Knoppix I see:
> Video is: Unknown vendor unknown device 1106:3344
>
> Do you have any clues?

I assume Knoppix is shipping the via driver from xorg 7.0 or xorg 7.1.
This version is too old for proper detection of your chipset. Use either
a binary driver matching your distro from the 'binary packages' page in
the wiki or build your own following the instruction that are also in
the wiki.

Also lspci is not really relevant, the xorg.log contains much more
informations wrt debugging your pb.