[Openchrome-users] No devices detected with Via driver

John Robinson john.robinson
Tue Sep 12 09:44:31 PDT 2006

On 12/09/2006 17:18, theboomboomcars wrote:
> I search my entire file system for via*.so and found a via.so in /usr/lib/perl/5.8.7/auto/PerlIO/via/ and a via_drv.so in /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/ neither of them have been modified in the last couple of months, so I am guessing they weren't created when I made the new driver.  Any Idea what I may be doing wrong?

Sorry, I did mean via_drv.so. If you've built the driver from SVN - the
driver itself, not the DRM kernel modules - you should have another one,
probably somewhere like ~/openchrome/trunk/unichrome. If you don't,
follow the installation instructions at
http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=Compiling+the+source+code#For_Xorg_7_0_or_later
again.

Once you have built it, say in ~/openchrome/trunk/unichrome, try:
   cd /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/
   mv via_drv.so via_drv.so.orig
   cd ~/openchrome/trunk/unichrome
   cp via_drv.so /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/

and edit your xorg.conf to remove the ModulePath entry.

Cheers,

John.